The Annual General Meeting of the Brighton & Hove Albion Supporters’ Club will be held on Wednesday, 6th September, in The Barn at the Swan Inn, Middle Street, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9PD, commencing at 7pm.
The Swan is situated in the northern half of Falmer village. See map here.
By road, turn off at the A27 at the Falmer junction (by the Amex Stadium) and follow “Falmer North”. Turn right into Mill Street, and right again into Park Street. There is parking at the Swan and in nearby roads.
By bus from the Brighton direction, catch the 28, 29 or 29A – about four buses an hour – and alight at Falmer Village bus stop, a brief walk from the Swan. Return buses go from a stop on the A27 itself, accessible via the footbridge. Two buses an hour at that time. See bus timetables here.
Trains stop at Falmer Station which is roughly a 15-minute walk from the Swan via the pedestrian underpass by the station and the hill up to the village. See timetables here.
1. Welcome to the Meeting. Guest speaker: Mr Paul Camillin, BHA Head of Media & Communications.
2. Sarah Watts Trophy Award
3. Apologies for Absence.
4. Chairman’s Address.
5. Officer Reports and Questions to the Officers.
6. Amendments to and Acceptance of 2022 AGM Minutes.
7. Matters Arising from the 2022 AGM Minutes.
8. Election of Officers. Nominations received:
- Chair – Nigel Summers
- Vice Chair – none
- Secretary – Brian Gillingham
- Membership Secretary – Tim Carder
- Treasurer – John Kirkland.
9. Election of General Committee Members. Nominations received:
- Tony Foster
- Bob Leaver
- Janice Merritt
- Linda Schofield.
10. Approval of Accounts 2022/23 and Appointment of Auditor.
11. Membership Fees.
12. Motions received:
- The Supporters’ Club has no confidence in VAR as it was used last season, 2022/23, and authorises the Committee to make the PGMOL aware of this and to request details of what is being done to improve the spectators’ experience. (Proposed by Nigel Summers.)
- The Supporters’ Club congratulates Brighton & Hove Albion on the great successes achieved during the 2022/23 season, and looks forward to supporting the club at home, across the country and into Europe in 2023/24. (Proposed by Nigel Summers.)
- The Supporters’ Club should continue to affiliate to the Brighton & Hove Albion official supporters’ clubs scheme. (Proposed by Nigel Summers.)
13. Change of Rules:
- That Rule 5a) be changed from “The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall normally be held in July or August of each year” to “The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall normally be held in August or September of each year”. (Proposed by Tim Carder.)
14. Any other business.